Activities and Attractions Around Margate
relaxing seaside holiday or carrying out an important business trip or meetings on the KZN South Coast you will find LalaKhona Guesthouse is perfectly located and ideally suited to cater for all your needs.
This is an ideal overnight stay for corporate guests passing through or for couples wishing to spend a quiet holiday on the beautiful Hibiscus Coast. So with a three minute gentle to the popular blue flag Margate beachfront situated just 500 m away and Margate CBD a mere 1.5kms away in a tranquil neighbourhood you can come and share in the beauty of our coast.
What to do and see on the South Coast of South Africa
- Surfing, tanning & relaxing at our beautiful sun drenched beaches !
- Fishing, diving (Aliwal Shoal and Protea Banks)
- Eating out at numerous well-established restaurants within easy access ie. The Waffle House, Flavours, Breakers etc.)
- Various retail delights within walking distance and shopping at South Coast Mall (retail outlets ie. Game, Checkers, Clicks, Dischem and various restaurants) and Shelly Centre (retail outlets, banks, various restaurants and cinemas)
- Golf at our eight gorgeous golf courses (including San Lameer, rated among South Africa's top 30 courses)
- Oribi Gorge (Wild 5 Adventures – with white water rafting, absailing, the Wild Slide etc)
- Lake Eland Game Reserve (Horse riding, nature reserve)
- Wild Coast Casino & Water World
- Mac Banana’s
- Beaver’s Creek Coffee Farm
- Birding (more than 400 bird species have been recorded along the coast)
- Trails (Bendigo Nature Reserve, Empisini Nature Reserve, Mpenjati Public Resort Nature Reserve, Oribi Gorge Game Reserve, Skyline Nature Reserve, Umtamvuna Nature Reserve, Petrified Fossil Forest, Lake Eland Game Reserve and River Valley Nature Reserve.)
- Horse riding on the beach